Wednesday 25 May 2016

Pancakes and Rainy Day Reminiscing

One of my favorite childhood memories is that we used to have pancakes for supper every Saturday. While we ate our pancakes we would listen to Adventures In Odyssey which was on the radio every Saturday night at 6:00. Every time I make pancakes for supper I think of those days and smile :)

I absolutely love breakfast food and not just for breakfast either. Breakfast anytime of the day is fine with me!

I thought I would share my mom's pancake recipe with you all. I have no idea where she got it from but for as long as I can remember this is the recipe she used. It's a big recipe, so it's enough for the whole family.

4 1/2 c. flour
3 1/3 c. milk
4 1/2 tsp. sugar
4 1/2 tsp. baking powder
4 1/2 tsp. salt
3 eggs
4 1/2 tbsp. cooking oil
Mix well bake on hot grill.
Add one cup of whole wheat flour instead of white if desired.
Instead of oil you can use apple sauce. Enjoy!!!

I am sitting here on this rainy day reminiscing about the good old days. I have the day off today so I am going to make pancakes for me and my grandparents for supper.

Let me know if you use the pancake recipe and how they turn out :)

No comments:

Post a Comment