Thursday 19 December 2013

New clothes with a purpose

Who doesn't like getting new clothes? I love getting new clothes and it's even more exciting when the clothes are made with a great purpose behind them.
Recently I ordered two shirts from sevenly.org. Sevnely teams up with a different charity each week, helping raise funds and awareness for 7 full days. Each item bought gives $7 to the charity of the week. I happen to think this is great because buying new clothes or other things is great but knowing that $7 dollars from each purchase goes to a good cause makes it fantastic!
When I ordered my shirts the charity of the week was Operation Christmas Child, my all time favorite charity. This organization is a company that distributes shoes boxes full of gifts to people that wouldn't normally get a gift at Christmas. People fill a shoe box with hygiene items, school supplies, toys, and candy and they are given to less fortunate kids. Also most of the time they give out a book called The Greatest Gift which talks about Jesus and the salvation story. The money from the purchases on sevenly went toward the shipping costs of the boxes.
Here are pictures of the shirts I ordered:






Now I just have to wait for them to come in the mail :)
I would encourage you to check out sevenly.org soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment